Monday, 19 November 2012

Photos of Shrewsbury



St Winifred whose remains brought thousands of pilgrims to the Abbey.

The stained glass window for Cadfael and Ellis Peters. The dedication to her is just above the book on the bottom right

Water, sun and autumn leaves. Brilliant combination. Crossing the Severn.

I love these old buildings. These ones had narrow lanes, called closes, running beside them. The we're called that because they were closed off at signs of trouble.

One side of St Mary's. It looks very patched.

Sculpture at Darwin Park. Yes named after Charles Darwin who was born and educated in Shrewsbury.


The details about the concrete timeline on the grounds in a circle around the sculpture


St Chad's has a circular nave. Unfortunately it is only open for viewing Mon - Sat. I was there on a Sunday.

The grounds were used to film A Christmas Carol and I found this tombstone.

Yes the house really is on an angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment