Thursday, 4 October 2012

Beginnings


I'm in Pisa, having done the long haul to Europe now twice in 3 weeks. The Classics trip ended prematurely for me when Mum died, after her massive stroke the week I was due to leave. I left with her blessing and on her firm instructions, then returned to farewell her at a beautiful private service.

It meant that I missed the Sicily part and I'd like to thank Wendy for her understanding and Deb for stepping in for me.


So now the LSL adventure begins.


Pisa is a great place to start. Small, friendly, with beautiful streets to meander. I was almost at The Tower when I passed a street with a wonderful gate set into the Roman city wall. Immediate detour, and I found myself wandering along the outside of the city wall, looking at where the Roman part had been build over in later times. I did eventually get back to the Piazza dei Miracoli.



I enjoyed the Baptistery, particularly the geometric inside.

1 comment:

  1. Bron,

    Sorry to hear about your mother, Enjoy your travels and hope you enjoy the time off. The history of the places must be distracting for you as every corner has something to look at i would imagine.

    Kurt Martin

    ReplyDelete