The Cinque Terre is a beautiful place. The towns are photogenic, easy to get around, as long as you like stairs, and very tourist friendly. So far I have seen 3 of the towns, Riomaggiore, where I'm staying, Vernazza, and Monterosso. I've travelled between them by boat, train and walking track. The coastal track is all closed because of the recent rock fall but all the upper paths are open.
The coastal views are lovely, and as I climbed up the mountain I passed terraced grape vines, old forests and coastal scrub with lots of wildflowers reminiscent of Wilson's Prom.
I'm enjoying the fresh seafood, lots of fruit, and lovely fresh pasta.
The narrow streets remind me of Venice or Mykonos, and it's fun trying to work out which paths will take me to a place I can see far above.
The coastal views are lovely, and as I climbed up the mountain I passed terraced grape vines, old forests and coastal scrub with lots of wildflowers reminiscent of Wilson's Prom.
I'm enjoying the fresh seafood, lots of fruit, and lovely fresh pasta.
The narrow streets remind me of Venice or Mykonos, and it's fun trying to work out which paths will take me to a place I can see far above.
No comments:
Post a Comment